Sunday, December 5, 2010

Status Update - Early December 2010

[Matt] So we have some catching up to do on our blogging, but I wanted to give an update on where we are and what we are doing. We rolled in to the Keys a little less than 2 weeks ago. My brother George had flown in to Tampa and made the 2 1/2 day offshore passage with us down to Key West where we proceeded to do it up in true Key West style. I'll talk about our exploits with "Jorje" in a separate post. In short, we explored the many bars in Key West on Duvall St. (over 300 bars on a 2 mile by 4 mile island) Then we sailed to Boca Grande Key, and to the Marquesas Keys, and then to Sand Key (where we did some amazing snorkeling among the reefs), and then to Stock Island (where we tore it up at the Frogfish Bar) and then back to Key west for a last night of fun. It was an awesome 10 days with my brother aboard.

George left yesterday -amongst grumblings about having to adjust back to society- and we are proceeding to sail to Key Largo to get a better feel for what the rest of the Keys have to offer. But before we leave, we are searching Key West for a rat trap because we picked up a stow-away when we docked at Stock Island. He is big, but he hides. He got in to the Pop Tarts and also ate part of a banana. I grazed him with my pellet pistol when he peeked out last night, but he's is still poking around, probably with a big streak down his forehead where I shot him. I'll get him. By trap or pistol, he is a goner.

1 comment:

  1. Good huntin there Matt... PLEASE don't put a hole in the bottom. LOL

    ReplyDelete